Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nike1601
    • Apr 2004

please help

Hi i am a very very new user and am having problems already!! Each time i put the original or a copy of a dvd my disk is saying 'NO DISK' please could somebody tell me why this is.
    Many Thanks
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Well new user....old users have problems, too. If it's stand-alone player that doesn't recognize your disc, perhaps it's written on the wrong media (ie. DVD+R when it needs to be DVD-R...or vice versa). Review your players documentation...and if you've lost it, go to www.dvdrhelp.com and search for player compatibility with various media.

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

I agree with rsquirell for copied dvds but this shouldn't happen with the original. Is this happening on a stand alone dvd player or the one in your computer?

Comment

• nike1601
        • Apr 2004

sorry i dont think i explained that very well!!
        When i open dvd shrink and place a copy or original dvd ito my pc i press on open disk and it just tells me no disk to date i have not been able to watch a dvd on my pc and was wondering if this might cause the problem.
        Any help would be great
        Thank You

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

You have to have a power dvd player installed to watch DVD...but if you have a DVD reader and burner it should already be installed...perhaps it needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled.

Comment

• cb1109
            • Mar 2004

Here are two possibilities:

1. Do you have a CD drive and a second CD/DVD drive (e.g. drives D and E)? If you load the DVD into E (the DVD drive), the program may be looking for it on the D drive, in which case all you need to do is select the correct drive.

2. I have noticed that when I insert a DVD and click on "open disk" immediately, I get the same error message you report. Try this sequence next time:
            a. Open DVD shrink
            b. Insert the original (source) DVD into the DVD drive.
            c. Wait about 10-15 seconds until the DVD settles in and the green light on the drive goes off.
            d. Click on "open disk." Make sure it is pointing to the correct drive! (Mine defaults to drive D, which is a CD drive, so I have to change it to select drive E, my DVD drive.)

I think this might solve your probem.

Good luck!

Carrie

Comment

• nike1601
              • Apr 2004

thicko again

ok thank you all for your replys but i do not have a dvd drive only a cd-r drive is this why it doesn't work? i am taking it it is!!!

Comment

• sfheath
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Sep 2003

you cannot read a DVD on a CD player or writer
                This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...