Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zoot580
    • Apr 2004

Burning 2 DVDs on the same disc.

I'm sorry if this question has been posted before. I've been searching for the thread to avoid bothering you all. I just need to know how to burn two smaller DVDs onto one large one using DVD Shrink and Nero. If there is a link I can use, I'll gladly go there to save someone from typing the instructions.

Anyone that can help me with this, I greatly appreciate it in advance.
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

I use TMPGenc DVD Author and load each DVD-compliant MPEG2 in as a separate track (short 1-2 hr TV show VHS conversions), create a menu (which can be accessed by the TV DVD player's remote)...and since I'm XP it'll also burn the disc (no need for Nero). I also use TMPGenc DVD Author to build the DVD folders necessary to transfer the file into DVD Shrink beforehand. Remember you can only shrink about 20% smaller before you start stepping on the video quality...and the whole thing has to fit on a 4.37GB disc.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Read this thread:

Comment

• Zoot580
        • Apr 2004

Thanks so much. I did everything as the thread taught and it all worked fine up until I pressed the "backup" button. Then the whole program 'crashed' and disappeared from the screen. This happened several times. I'm going to uninstall my older version of DVD Shrink, just in case there's a conflict.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thanks so much."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Zoot580
            • Apr 2004

Well, that didn't work. It still crashes, so I'm back to square one. At least, I know how to do it now. If only I can figure out where the conflict is stemming from. Oh well.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

If, in addition to NERO, you have Roxio burning software on your system, uninstall the Roxio software. It creates conflicts with NERO...

Comment

Working...