Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GALE
    • Dec 2003

DVF Playback

I have several movies that will play on an Emerson EWD 7002 and yet some will hang up and hesitate on other players. Tried switching to DVD-R discs, DIFFERENT BURNERS, SOFTWARE, ETC.
    Tried RITEK G04 which was recommended to cure this problem but no good. Any help. Thanks.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Kindly list what particular software and hardware that you are using.

Comment

• GALE
      • Dec 2003

Was burning using Nero 6 and an HP 300i and DVD+R discs. They played good on my Emerson EWD player. Some would not do so good on other players. Bought a Plextor burner and used DVD-R discs. Here again-the new DVD movies play fine on the old Emerson but not all on the Sony or Phillips. The player electronics
      must be different such that the IFO files are not read as quick as they should. The hesitation sometimes lasts just for a sfort while and other times quite awhile.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Was burning using Nero 6 and an HP 300i and DVD+R discs."

Try a different "Type" of media such as -R or -RW. To determine the capability of your standalone(s) player with various media types visit:

Comment

• GALE
          • Dec 2003

"Was burning using Nero 6 and an HP 300i and DVD+R discs. They played good on my Emerson EWD player. Some would not do so good on other players. Bought a Plextor burner and used DVD-R discs."

DONE TRIED THE DIFFERENT DISCS-

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"DONE TRIED THE DIFFERENT DISCS-"

As an experiment, try a different "Brand" other than Ritek, although Ritek are very solid media.

Comment

• GALE
              • Dec 2003

Have tried Imation, Verbatim, Memorex-you name it. The reason I think it is the IFO files is that the movies stop in exactly the same spot on all players-

Comment

Working...