Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rzep
    • Apr 2004

VHS to DVD trouble - Please Help

I know there are threads out there already regarding this question but I have a few I need to ask and would like to know the same answer by the same person. (if that makes sense)
    I have just brought a TV tuner card and I have my VHS player now hooked up to my PC.
    Can someone tell what programs they have used so I can now record these old VHS tapes to DVD?
    I recieved programs with the TV Tuner Card but I am sure there are easier and faster ones out there. If someone could help I would very much appreciate it.
  • Tunesman22
    • Oct 2003

I guess I'm not sure what the purpose of a TV tuner card is, unless it's a means of getting tv channels to play through your computer. As far as getting your VHS tapes transferred to DVD, I have a software program called Roxio Easy DVD/CD Creator. Some people say a program called Nero works pretty good too, but when it comes to transferring my VHS tapes to DVD, I use the easy method which doesn't use a pc at all. I hook my VCR to one of my Panasonic DVD recorders and it's a snap.
    I don't know if this helps, but I hope it did.

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

To rzep:

Kindly tell us what Kind/Model TV Tuner Card did you buy, and what programs came bundled with the card?

Comment

• rzep
        • Apr 2004

I brought a WinFast Card by leadtek and the software I got is DVD Movie Factory, VideoStudio 7 and the multimedia program for the card to watch tv etc

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"the software I got is DVD Movie Factory, VideoStudio 7"

I know Ulead VideoStudio 7 has the capability to capture. Does your card have the necessary inputs? (RCA; S-Video)

Comment

• rzep
            • Apr 2004

Yep the card has all outputs - I can play a vhs and see it on my computer no problems

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

"I can play a vhs and see it on my computer no problems"

Then I would suggest you try VideoStudio 7 and see if you are happy with the output. There is no need to invest more money in additional programs if you already have what might suit your needs.

Comment

• rzep
                • Apr 2004

Thanks - I have tried to capture it and it doesn't seem as clear as I would like - Is that cause of the program?
                I should probably invest in a dvd recorder?

Comment

• ormonde
                  Digital Video Explorer
                  • Dec 2003

"I should probably invest in a dvd recorder?"

If you care to make the investment, this is probably the best and most straightforward method.

Comment

Working...