• Show
Clear All
  • Sergio
    • May 2004

How to link AC3 SPDIF output to a COAX PCM

Hi:
    I need help,

I have a big problem with AC3 sound...

I'm using WinXP + Audigy XGAMER to an YAMAHA PCM Dolby 5.1 Receiver ( Coax or Optical connector )
    When trying to play AC3 sound with the S/PDIF output on my Audigy to the COAX IN on my YAMAHA RX-V790 Receiver I'm getting Dolby Digital only in FRONT channels on the receiver.
    The receiver detects "PCM DolbyDigital" but something is wrong and I cannot sends sound to all 5.1 channels.

It appear to happen that CREATIVE software dont activate "Pass Thru" option and I always have AC3 decoded signal output on my AUDIGY Card

I'm using a mono-rca -> mono-miniplug cable to connect the S/PDIF output on the Audigy to my receiver.
    Any suggestions?, I´m using CREATIVE last drivers but nothing happens. Exists any cable to convert SPDIF to COAX?
    Thank you very much

Sergio
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Hi, I've searched around for info on this and can only come up with this:

Did you make sure that you were using a 75ohm digital audio cable? I head that the EPIA's S/PDIF out will not work with a normal RCA cable, so you need to make sure you are using the correct type. The reason is probably that the signal to the S/PDIF out port is barely meeting the S/PDIF spec?

Could be worth investing in (or borrowing!) a better quality interconnect?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...