Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DVD5
    • Mar 2004

Making My DVD+RW Faster

I came across this website that claims to show you how to make my DVD+RW write - Media and at 8x instead of 4x>?

What Do You Guys think is it a load of crap that is likely to damage my writer or is it well known and well used

Any Comments Welcome
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

From what I've seen, many folk burn at a max of 4 anyway, reliable 8x media being expensive and much more demanding on machine performance.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• DVD5
      • Mar 2004

thanks for that reply

When in nero it burns at 2.4x although the writer is 4x?

Comment

• bedessy
        • May 2004

I would'nt flash my drive. I tryed it before and it killed my drive. like it use at your own risk. it the manufacter is saying that then chance something might go wrong and they will not be responseable for it so if it working fine leave it alone unless it's a firmware update.

Comment

• ignignot
          • Mar 2004

Also, I noticed you said that you have a '+' burner, and planned on using '-' media. It is very likely that your drive wasn't meant to write at 8x or to use '-' media.

So even if it did work as advertised, who knows what type of strain that may be putting on your drive by forcing it to do things for which it wasn't designed. That can equal a dead drive.

EDIT: I actually have that drive (LITE-ON 401s), and have read other places that what it mentions is possible. However I'm certainly not going to risk trying it out. It's also important to not that if you have a 401, that it is possible only to go to 411. The only difference is the ability to write '-' media. I'm about 99% sure that the motor in the 401 is not capable of spinning at 8x.

(So don't try going 401s ---> 411s ---> 811s. You'll notice the requirements for the 411s ---> 811s require a 411s drive.)
          Last edited by ignignot; 19 May 2004, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...