• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • videot
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Feb 2004

Question about putting films on one disk

If I have a disk that requires a little shrinking & I ask for the backup to be done the results are stored on the hard drive after the shrinking is done. If I then wish to put a second video of similar lenght that also requires some shrinking I get the second disk analyzed then open reauthor select the first file which is already stored on the drive & do a back up on the 2 videos at once. Is this correcct?

If this senario is correct it would suggest that the first video has gone through the process twice & that what you end up with is second shrinking of a video that has already been shrunk. Could I have just copied the entire 2 videos to the hard drive & then open both in reauthor mode. If this will work would the results be any better, pareticularly for the first video or not. This way might give the same percentage of compression to both videos.
    The Old Timer
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

follow this guide: http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

Comment

• videot
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Feb 2004

I had seen the tutorial but what I was trying to understand was what goes on in the background when the encoding is happening & whether or not the results would be different if you did one way as opposed to the other.

There also appears to be some indicator added to an image file that prohibites the program from shrinking more than 50%. Most programs are content to just churn away doing the same thing over & over again & wouldn't care how poor your end results were because the program was just following it's orders.
      The Old Timer

Comment

Working...