Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffsstudio9
    • May 2004

Addaptec-2210 to Ulead studio 8

I am new to transfering video to DVD. I have an Adaptec AVC-2210 and trying to use it with Ulead. It does not recognize the capture device. Searching on the web I found several comments that the Adaptec is not compatible with Ulead. I just downloaded a trial of Pinnacle 8xxx to give it a try. All I really want to do is be able to edit VHS to DVD. Suggestions?
    Jeff
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Adaptec makes both cards and has an external USB2 device...I'm assuming you're talking about the external device...and I'm also assuming that since it's listed as a USB2 device it's designed to capture in MPEG2...but you know what they say about assume...it makes an ass out of u and me. If it IS an external USB2 MPEG2 device be adivsed that there are no universal standards for MPEG, leaving manufacturers free to create their own (which means you must capture with the software that the manufacturer provides...but after the capture has been made you may be able to import that capture file into VS8 to edit.

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

To jeffsstudio9:

I also have an AVC-2210. I like the device itself, but I don't particularly like the Sonic MyDVD software interface, which it seems is the only thing that will work with the AVC-2210. If you find an alternative, please by all means post it, as I would be very interested.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Ormonde....can you import the capture file to VideoStudio for editing? I have a DVC-150 USB2 MPEG2 device, and in the old days we used to have problems getting anything but Dazzle provided software (which sucked) to work with it (because it had LPCM audio which no other editor would accept.) Then, 2 years ago, ULead wrote a plug-in which allowed their VideoSudio6 to take the Dazzle capture files...this plug-in has been incorporated transparently into the later versions, and allows Dazzle users capability to do everything with VS8 but capture. Perhaps it will work with adaptec capture as well. ALSO....nowadays I make my capture ( which breaks the files into 2GB chunks)...merge the files (since the video headers are only included in the first few kilobytes of the first file) and can import that file into TMPGenc DVD Author (where I can easily edit out commercials) which DOES ACCEPT DVC-150 LPCM capture files. After DVDShrinking, I demux, convert the large LPCM to MP2 and remux using TMPGenc to get file sizes a third smaller.
        Last edited by rsquirell; 29 May 2004, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"Ormonde....can you import the capture file to VideoStudio for editing?"

I'm sure you could, but I've never tried it. With the AVC-2210, it captures on the fly to mpeg 2 (mp2 audio), but you have to use the MyDVD interface to capture. However, the mpeg 2 files are perfectly DVD-compliant. I've had no problem importing the AVC-2210 captures into TMPGEnc DVD Author for editing. I would like to know if there is an alternative program other than MyDVD that could be used for capturing, but I don’t think there is.
          Last edited by ormonde; 29 May 2004, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

The advent of TMPGenc DVD Author last year sure has been a boon for VHS capture. Fast, easy way to break an 8 hrs VHS tape into individual commercial free show segments into DVD files ready to be shrunk.

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

Amen.......where would we be without DVD Author. (Nothing personal against DVDLab users!)
              Last edited by ormonde; 30 May 2004, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Working...