X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrantReid
    • May 2004

OGM File - Sound Playback ????

Hello.

I'm a newbie to OGM files. Anyway, I've discovered what they are, and in theory how to play them. The problem is that I am not getting any audio when I play them through a standard player (Media player 9, Media Player Clasic or Zoom player).

After reinstalling every possible component and reading as much as is rationally possible about playing OGM files (for someone without too much knowledge of the innards of diff. sound formats), I finally found a program called Graphedit. Very useful utility and nicely constructed.

So I opened up my file with graphedit, and the first that that struck me was that there was a lone filter with an input pin that was not connected to anything. (Audio Input Pin (rendered) Default DirectSound Device). After playing around with this for a while, I started to discover that my file does in fact contain sound. Great - I was excited.

The OGM file contains 2 audio streams. Both of which I can now make work inside Graphedit. But outside graphedit, I'm still in the abyss.

Can anybody help me out and tell me what I need to do to make my files play properly.

Some additional Info.

The original file graph looks something like this.
    Ogg Spltr (Audio 1)->Vorbis Dcdr->Morgan Stream Switcher->TFM Audio Filter->Def DS Device
    (Audio 2)->Vorbis Dcdr->Morgan Stream Switcher (above) -> (follows output from stream switcher.)

Once I have connected the Default Sound Device to the output of the TFM audio filter, I can get Audio 1 to play (not audio 2). If I click switch on the stream switcher property page AND switch the language setting, I get 90% noise and 10% sound. Switchiong only 1 of the above, yields 0% sounds.

By taking out the stream switcher and connecting audio 2 directly to the TFM audio, I was able to get the audio 2 to play.

With a bit more work I have discovered the following works for both audio streams. But I have to click the switch stream property. I can't simply change the language from the sounds menu item.

2 Vorbis Decoders, 2 TFM Audio Filters and 2 Default Direct Sound Drivers. I did this because I believed that the stream switcher was causing the problem. It worked.

If I put the stream switcher directly after the ogg splitter, and then only have 1 vorbis decoder, 1 TFM Audio Filter and 1 DirectSound Device, this also works.

The moment, I put the Streamswitcher (as was in the original when the filed opened) after the vorbis decoder, the 2nd audio stream does not play properly (as described above with 90% noice)

GSpot says the following about the audio portion of the file.
    (S) --> Ogg Splitter --> Vorbis Decoder --> Morgan Stream Switcher --> (R)

What do I need to do to play this file in a normal player? Can somebody help me out?
    Thanks.
  • ungj85
    • Jun 2004

this seems like an old thread, but hopefully you'll get this message. but then since it's old, you probably already figured out. but this is for the others out there.

try using BSPlayer to play OGM files.

Comment

Working...