Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChinoRN
    • Jun 2004

quiet audio

hello all. first timer here. i did read that post above for no audio/video. the link doesn't work anyways.

so i have my vaio. got it for free got it with w2k. has powerdvd and interactual players both using the powerdvd decoder. powerdvd player does NOT work for some reason. just gives unknown error and closes. interactual plays good with powerdvd's decoder. only thing...VERY QUIET AUDIO.

everything is in sync, no delays in audio and such. just very quiet. i tried the taskbar, advanced audio settings. everything is up to the fullest. sound car is a soundmax working fine. troubleshooters on w2k suck butt.

funny that all other sounds are loud as poop! windows alarms, sounds, mp3s, winamp, mpegs, avi's, windows media player, everything is loud except when it comes to playing a dvd...any dvd backup or original.

someone told me of a "wow" effect i could try playing with, but doesn't know how to get to it. w2k search reveals nothing. and others tell me it may be a decoder problem, or audio decoder, but thats as far as they know. im lost. dvd audio through the speakers OR through headphones, both are VERY QUIET.

anywho, if you could help...i'd really appreciate it.
    thanks for reading and your help
    vern
  • RavishingRocket
    • Dec 2001

u can try the TFM Audio Filter

Comment

Working...