Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rodean
    • Feb 2002

TV-Out Quality!

I recently set up a Multimedia PC which will only be used with the TV. The movie quality is pretty good, but the TV display is really crappy when in normal Windows mode!
    Is there any way to make the display a bit better? I can bearly read anything on the TV!

I'm using 800*600, SIS305 32MB graphics card and Windows XP.

Thanks.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I asked a similar question recently. In a way you've answered my question How is the quality of video? Is the quality better or worse than that you would see on a monitor? Is it comparable to vcd's or vhs's?

What sort of graphics card do you have? You might want to lower the resolution to 640x480, and/or reduce color to 24 bit or 16 bit.

Comment

• Burn23
      • Jan 2002

Soory bout your luck guy. I have a GF2 64MB DDR w/TVout and regardless of the display settings, it looks like poop on the TV. It does look better depending on the TV that I am using, but nevertheless, it sucks. This holds true with most TV out cards of this sort. After all, it is only composite out, or even s-video, which isn't much better.Full screened Divx can look sweet though depending on how you adjust the color, which is a bonus!

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Thanks guys

Its good to know, really good to know, that you can directly play movies on the tv screen from pc. This helps me a lot, in my next PC I won't have to bother with creating vcd's etc...

Comment

Working...