Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHAKUR
    • Feb 2002

Type-1 DV format

Hi, I have encounter the following program and hope some can give me some hints or directions on what to do.
    I have got a .avi file that i wanted to convert to mpeg-1 so i can burn it to a vcd. However when i tried to convert it using TMPGenc
    , i get a error message saying that the file is not compatible. As i check the FAQ section from TMPGenc's official webpage, i got an answer that this avi file that i got is probably a Type-1 DV format.
    I know this question might sound silly to all you pros out there, but what can i do to convert this avi file to a mpeg1? I also think that there is a possibility that the file could be damaged, but i can view the clip properly though.

thx alot!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

According to the "History" files, TMPGEnc has been capable of accepting Type 1-DV format .AVI files since version 1.2C.

I would suggest that you first try to establish the file creation information with certainty. there are several ways to accomplish this - here are two:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub. From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information".
    2) From within Explorer, rightclick on the filename.Click on "Properties".Click on the "Details" tab.

Post the information you see and additional assistance may be possible.

If, in fact, TMPGEnc will not accept the file for input because of its Type 1 DV format and not because you don't have a proper codec installed, you could try loading the file into VirtualDub and, if accepted for input, resave it using one of the DivX codecs.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• SHAKUR
      • Feb 2002

File Information

Thank you for your hints
      I have check the file information using VirtualDub
      Here is what I get
      Vedio
      Frame size :320*240
      # of frames:118642
      Decompressorivx Mpeg-4 Low Motion
      Number of Key frames:1493
      Min/Avg/Max/Total key frame size: 410/3699/8415
      Audio
      Sample Rate:44100Hz
      Channels: 2
      Sample Precision: 16
      Compression: Windows Media Audio
      Preload skew: 2 samples
      # of frames 21310

thank you for your patience

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

You need to download and install the DivX v.3.11alpha codec. Doing so will address both the video and audio requirements of this file.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• SHAKUR
          • Feb 2002

I have solved the problem by loading the file into VirtualDub and resave it using one of the DivX codecs. Thanks alot for helping out.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Glad to hear that my first suggestion solved your problem ;>}

Comment

Working...