• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • videot
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Feb 2004

DVD player on stand alone player but not on PC

I previewed a DVD successfully in DVDShrink then had it backed up & burned. I thought that I would check it out to see it it would play correctly so I just opened pressed the eject button twice only to find that Windown Media player give me this message. "Appname wmplayer.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2980 ModName claud_trialax ModVer; 5:0.0.1117 Offset 000065112"

I then tried to play disk in Power DVD 5 only to find that while I could play it I had no sound. I almost threw out the disk but luckily I tried it in my stand alone DVD players & there it worked magnificently with sound.

Does anyone have any idea as to what my PC's problem might be?
    The Old Timer
  • shiny#3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jul 2003

it seems that you have selected an audiostream (in DVDshrink) that is not
    supported by your pcs but your standalone player suports that.
    use the AC3 streams of your original disc in the future and
    post into the right forum when asking questions on DVDshrink.

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

"Does anyone have any idea as to what my PC's problem might be?"

Most likely, you don't have the appropriate sound codec installed on your machine. If your audio stream is Ac3, you can download the proper codec from here:

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To ormonde

"Most likely, you don't have the appropriate sound codec installed on your machine. If your audio stream is Ac3"

"videot" indicates that he/she is using PowerDVD 5 for playback. It certainly has its own .AC3 codec/filter installed. Chances are the primary audiostream is DTS (Which the standalone player probably automatically downmixes)...

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"Chances are the primary audiostream is DTS (Which the standalone player probably automatically downmixes)..."

You may be right-I didn't even think about DTS.

Comment

Working...