Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ab21
    • Jun 2004

Movie Audio Question (2 languages)

I have some movies that has 2 or more languages, when I play with Media Player or Power DVD I can't find the option to select the language I want, when I play them, they plays all the languages at the same time, how can I just choose the one I want?
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Are these movies "Commercial" DVDs or are they in another type of video format? (i.e. mpeg; AVI; Divx)

Comment

• ab21
      • Jun 2004

they are in XviD format, I ripped them off the import DVDs that contains 2 languages (ie English and Japanese) anyway I can choose?

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"I ripped them off the import DVDs that contains 2 languages (ie English and Japanese)"

That means that they were encoded to Xvid from the original DVD. Simply open the original DVD in DVD shrink and "Deselect" the language that you don't want and backup the project. Then you can re-encode it to Xvid if that is your desire.

Comment

• ab21
          • Jun 2004

but is there anyways to fix this current movie file? it takes a long time for me to rip a movie (old pc)

the thing is, when i brought the movie to my friend and copied to his laptop, the movie was only playing in 1 language and i didn't find a way to change to the other language or both.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"it takes a long time for me to rip a movie (old pc)"

I think you have with your above statement described why it takes a long time.

"when i brought the movie to my friend and copied to his laptop, the movie was only playing in 1 language"

Why don't you "Rip" the movie on your friend's laptop? Maybe they have a "Faster" machine.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"the thing is, when i brought the movie to my friend and copied to his laptop, the movie was only playing in 1 language and i didn't find a way to change to the other language or both."

Sounds like the two of you have different audio software settings - Do some research...

Comment

Working...