Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jess russell
    • Jul 2004

Why so long to burn some dvds.

Help with info..decrypt, shrink and burn on one movie took 16 mins with my 8x burner and another movie took 50 mins..Length of movies close to the same.. so why the difference in time\?
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Is it possible that one movie required no compression using DVD Shrink because it was within the 4.37 Gig filesize limitation while the other movie exceeded the 4.37 Gig filesize limitation and the "Deep Analysis" feature was checked by default requiring a significant longer backup time. Also, maybe you selected different burn speeds in your burnning program.
    Last edited by ormonde; 18 Jul 2004, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• jess russell
      • Jul 2004

slow burn

I had my burn speed set to MAX on both burns.. is that good or bad.. why would I want to use a slower burn speed?

jess

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"I had my burn speed set to MAX on both burns"

Did you use a different type of media for each project? (i.e. +/-R for one and +/-RW for another) RW media burns at 1x while R media usually burns at speeds of 2-4x.

Comment

• jess russell
          • Jul 2004

yes, used the same media..why would one ever change the burn speed to 2x ?? If you leave it on MAX does it just use the best speed it can do...if thats the case would it be best to set it at 4x or 2x ..does one give you a better burn than the other??
          jess

Comment

• Sophocles
            • Jul 2004

"took 16 mins with my 8x burner ."
            File size affects compression time, along with the film length, but the end target is the same about 3.7 gigs.
            "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)

Comment

Working...