Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmarks
    • Aug 2004

variable image size

When I make play certain DVD's on my portable DVD player (Toshiba SD-P2500) which has a 16:9 LCD screen with native 1024 x 768 resolution, sometimes the images fill the entire screen and sometimes they fill only a part of the screen (centered), with what appears to be the appropriate 16:9 aspect ratio. (e.g. "War Games" exhibited this problem). I am guessing that the pixel count in this mid screen region relates to the DVD industry standard. But sometimes the image fills the entire screen. I have tried all the various display settings on the player but cannot expand the image to fill the screen when this occurs. Fortunately, most of the time this does not occur. Have others run up against this problem ? Do you know the cause ? Is there a fix that can be used during the shrinking and copying process? Thanks in advance for your help ---- Lloyd
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If I remember correctly, SOME DVDs are "anamorphic widescreen" and expand to fill the entire screen, while others are simply widescreen - and result in upper and lower black bars being displayed...

Comment

Working...