Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asianbaby850
    • Sep 2004

problem with avi (pic included)

I just downloaded an avi file and it wont play. When I play it on classic player it says this

After I close this box the file will play for five seconds then the picture will stop and music keeps playing. Anyone know how to fix this? Will be very gratefull. Thanks

EDIT: Okay I just downloaded Video workshop and it plays in there video player. How do I fix this?
    Last edited by asianbaby850; 2 Sep 2004, 06:28 AM.
  • ziadost
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

it seems the file you have downloaded is not complete...

download & unzip a program called "divxfix" from http://www.divx-digest.com

1) make a backup of the video file (ie. copy and paste the file into another folder)

2) run divfix, click "add file", and select the video file you just pasted

3) make sure "cut out bad parts" is selected, as well as "keep original file"

3) click "start" or something similar (i am not home right now so i am telling you this from memory)

4) play the new file... does it play?

IF NOT,

download and install "virtualdubmod", open the original video file with it, and then under "file", click "file information".... post here everything you see

good luck
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Use VirtualDub or ViortualDubMOD to INTERLEAVE the video and audio...

Comment

• asianbaby850
        • Sep 2004

hi again. I ended up fixing it with AVI-Mux GUI (a tool which allows creating segmented multilingual AVI files that can be replayed even at very low speeds (and therefore very little noise) directly from CD-R or DVD-R. Latest versions support the Matroska MKV format as well ) I have no idea what all that means, but the program was easy to use. Thanks anyways you guys are really helpfull.

Comment

Working...