Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Rookhuyzen
    • Sep 2004

Mad Dog Dominator 6-in-1 Dual DVD

Has anyone else had problems with this unit?

I have tried several ripping and burning programs, tried all of the current DVD +/- R, DVD +/-RW recordable disk formats and the same problem occurs...The disks will play fine on any computer, but will not play on a "Home Unit". The disks start to spin up, then they shut down and give a disk error.

A friend of mine uses the same disks, the same software, and his disks will play fine in any DVD unit, home, or computer. The only difference between our setups is he uses an older NEC DVD burner. My unit has had the latest firmware installed...with the same problem.
  • Jack Rookhuyzen
    • Sep 2004

Mad Dog is sending me an RMA and is going to replace the drive

Comment

• Jack Rookhuyzen
      • Sep 2004

The drive came in late yesterday(5 Day turn around). I've tried several copy methods and it does the same thing...Will not run on a home unit. I tried DVD Decryptor, DVD Shrink, and then burned it with Nero, hoping for a change....Same thing. By the serial number it is a later manufactured drive. I tried it "out of the box". Same problem.Then I up-dated the firmware so I'm running the latest version of firmware and I've thrown every piece of software I've got at it with the same results, disks will not run on home units.

Comment

• Jack Rookhuyzen
        • Sep 2004

OK, With help from many sources, I've finally found the right combination.... DVD Decryptor (File mode)> DVD Shrink (With DVD Region+CSS Free) > Burn with Nero. Using DVD+R/RW disks only.

Before burning, I.D. the disks as to manufacturer with DVD Decryptor in the ISO Write mode. Disks identified as "CMC" will give questionable performance.

Any disks burned in this fashion have played flawlessly in three DVD players, Go-Video DVR-4400, AWM, and Panasonic, they will not play in the Toshiba SD-K610. It will only play DVD-R/-RW and they tend to freeze and skip.

My apoligies to Mad Dog. It was my ignorance that was causing the problems.
        Last edited by Jack Rookhuyzen; 25 Sep 2004, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Working...