X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

DivX 5.0

Want to be the first to own DivX 5.0 and Gej's (the "creator" of DivX) personal DivX encoding machine?

Have a look here for more info :

What does everybody think of "The Ultimate DivXâ„¢ Video Encoding Machine"? Does anybody have a beefier machine ?
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Admittedly, that's a beefy machine, but certainly not really that "ultimate" to me. The CPU and RAM are not that "super-high-amount" (I admit my CPU is far below it). As for the harddrive and memory, a lot of people certainly own that much or perhaps more already.

But, I'm just stating my point of saying that this system, powerful as it is, really is not that FAR more powerful than the market leaders and I'm positive that encoding speed will still suck with all the deinterlacing, resizing, smoothing, etc. filters enabled.

By the way, how different is the DivX5 codec from 4.x? Anyone has an idea?

Comment

• Damox
      • Feb 2002

Yes i'm thinking of getting a Dual AMD processor system but i'll be opting for Dual AMD 2000+ XP Chips and 2*512Mb RAM i'll never go for an aTI card as there drivers are always shite..
      Geoforce 3 Ti500 for me..

Oh yes and Dual 160Gb IBM HDD

Then i wake up - LOL

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To admin

It would be interesting to see ANY specific information about DivX 5.0 - the hardware is irrelevant. Since Gej's name is associated with the software, are we to assume it's an enhancement of the wonderful, original v.3.11alpha - or yet another less-than-perfectly-downward-compatible version from the Project Mayo/DivX Deux world?

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

The only striking feature of this computer is that it is dual processor--which is rare.

Comment

• grif_mcrenolds
            • Jan 2002

Whenever the winner of the bid gets the first copy of DivX 5.0, it's not like he's gonna be the only person in the world who has it. This person would probably share it on KaZaA or sell it to the highest bitter. I myself am excited about this new release since the quality took a big step higher when it went from 3.11 to 4. Who knows? This new versoin might even reduce the anoying blockage you get on low-bitrate movies. Atleast somewhat.
            Solution for decent, free TV:
            http://www.waycross.org/

Comment

• Damox
              • Feb 2002

Anyone know when Divx 5 will be released?

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Let us hope that this new DivX5 codec will truly offer some real enhancement, not like the DivX4, which while still good and easy to use for beginners, does not really offer much quality control compared to 3.11a. ^_^

Comment

• Spider-D
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2002

Do you think that the Golden Master build of DivX 5.0, will be realese for the lucky one who buy this offer?

If I have if, I think that I will upload it for all the people that realy want it

(what If I have to pay more than 3000$, maybe enjoy it for a while before release it )
                  Make me sad.
                  Make me mad.
                  Make me feel Alright?

Comment

Working...