DVD movie backup no longer plays. But why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zakrocz
    • Sep 2004

DVD movie backup no longer plays. But why?

I have a movie backup of a film that played perfectly, but I tried playing it today on my standalone and it refused to play, no error message just the message Loading. When I try to play it on my PC DVD drive it plays but it plays at approximately 3x normal speed.

I really can't understand why it no longer plays, the disc is clean and appears to have no damage. This is kind of worrying, as I now have little confidence in my other DVD movie backups in case they suddenly refuse to play. The DVD disc is a cheap non-branded one +RW, but if it played before why wont it play now!?

I now buy branded Verbatim DVD+RWs because of the cheap discs skipping, but still would really like to know how this could happen.
  • zakrocz
    • Sep 2004

bump

Comment

• Floppy

hello

i think you answered your own question when mentioned cheap unbranded media.

specially the + flavour.

oh well

Comment

• zakrocz
        • Sep 2004

Yeh I suppose I did. But it is strange the way the disc changed behaviour even if the the media used was cheap.

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

can U C any uneven destribution of the dye or lines marked on the dye anything that looks abnormal on the DVD surface at all?

It should be even all the way.

Comment

Working...