Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorsan
    • Oct 2004

Too large avi in Premiere 6

I am making an .avi movie in Adobe Premiere 6 from some material recorded on my dv camera. The output is an just more than 5 minutes and the size of 1.3gb(!). How do I make it smaller? I don't know how to user keyframes. Will that solve my problem? Thanks.
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

ULead Video Studio will capture DV as MPEG2...at about 1/5 the size of that AVI capture. They offer a 30 day trial...

Comment

• Jorsan
      • Oct 2004

Thanks for your reply. But will I not loose a lot of quality by doing that?

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

I'll bet you won't be able to see the difference. Download a free trial and see for yourself.

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

If you have Nero 6, Nerovision express 2 will help with that too.

Anything that requires compressing will loose quality, but like the man says, you may not notice the difference.

About the adobe premiere I never used it, simply for the price.

I have Ulead VideoStudio 8 and in between that and Nero 6 I get all the capturing/editing/converting and burning onto CD/DVD I ever need.

I get great results that I can share from my DV with all my friends and family.

Good things

Comment

• Jorsan
            • Oct 2004

Thanks Floppy
            I saved the file as mpeg2 and I could hardly see any difference. Except perhaps I got rid of jagged edges when the camera was moving .

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

One thing to remember about AVI capture is....if your are going to make a DVD you have to compress it to MPEG2 eventually...so why not start out that way with smaller, more manageable files that are easier to edit.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi there

In NeroVision express when your ready to burn the files onto a DVD it will create the habitual Audio_TS/Video_TS folders and the .bup/.ifo automatically.

I done my Wedding video like so and it's perfect/professional... specially after I added some animated menus with soundtrack and all... Nerovision Express 2, is the dogs do-das.

Goood Things

Comment

Working...