I need some help with the following project.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tweety-tweety
    • Oct 2004

Dear members,

Hardware I am using:
    - Converter: Dazzle 120
    - Writer: Sony DRX-700ul
    - DVD player: hr-xv1
    - DVD player: finlux 510

Software I am using:
    - Pinnacle studio 9
    - Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3

What I would like is capture a movie from my camcorder and burn this on a dvd-r to play it on dvd player.

What did I trie?
    - I captured a movie as DVD from my camcorder to my computer.
    o The movie length is 1 hour an 18 minutes with size 4.1GB
    - I captured a movie as SVCD from my camcorder to my computer.
    o The movie length is 1 hour an 18 minutes with size 1.7GB
    - I captured a movie as SVCD from my camcorder to my computer and burned this with a menu on a dvd-r.
    o The movie length is 1 hour an 18 minutes + menu with size 3 GB

Questions:
    - Why can’t I play my movie SVCD on a dvd-r with my finlux DVD player?
    - Is it possible to play a SVCD movie without a menu (burned on dvd-r) on my finlux dvd player?
    - Is it possible to decrease the SVCD or DVD movie files, so that I can burn more movies on a dvd-r and still can play it on my finlux dvd player?

I hope someone can help me with this!

With kind regards,
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

I've never heard of a Dazzle 120...could you possibly be talking about a Dazzle DVC-150? You'll have to run through your stand alone player's documentation to see if it can play DVD-R and SVCD formats (not all do.)

Comment

• Floppy

Hello

I never tried burning a SVCD/VCD on a DVD -/+ because this is I believe a format for CD only. On the other hand you have managed to burn these files (SVCD) I recon manually on a DVD and not automatically.(letting burn program resize the file to fit the media).

The other point I would like to raise is regarding the DVD player compatibility with SVCD/VCD Formats and media...

If your trying to capture/edit/burn onto DVD I would use your choice of software to do this saving the resultant files to .AVI or Mpg2 format and then use Nerovision express open the saved files add menus and burn onto chosen media.

Does this make sense to you?

Im not a fan of Pinnacle 9 (rip off) Ulead VideoStudio8 is better in my opinion.

Good Things

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Thanks Floppy...but if the poster has a DVC-150 it now comes bundled with Pinnacle Studio9 ( since Pinnacle bought out Dazzle), and it is probably the only software that will capture the video. The older version (which used MovieStar) captured video with LPCM audio ( which can be converted to mp2 using TMPGenc...which would make the video 1/3 smaller.) The current version probably does as well.

Comment

• Floppy

Hello back

It still doesnt mean u can burn SVCD to DVD? Can It?

Comment

• tweety-tweety
            • Oct 2004

I've never heard of a Dazzle 120...could you possibly be talking about a Dazzle DVC-150? You'll have to run through your stand alone player's documentation to see if it can play DVD-R and SVCD formats (not all do.)
            I’m sure that I have the Dazzle 120.
            My DVD player is compatible with reading DVD-r and svcd format. I have found this information on the following site: videohelp.com
            But it doesn’t work by me!

If your trying to capture/edit/burn onto DVD I would use your choice of software to do this saving the resultant files to .AVI or Mpg2 format and then use Nerovision express open the saved files add menus and burn onto chosen media.
            Does this make sense to you?
            You have bring me on a idea:
            I’m gone try the following things:
            - After capturing the movie and saved/converted to .avi with and without menu to see how large the size is. And if I can play it on my dvd
            - After capturing the movie and saved/converted to .mpg2 with and without menu to see how large the size is. And if I can play it on my dvd

Is it possible to capture a movie that I can save as Divx to play this on a dvd player which is not compatible with divx?

The older version (which used MovieStar) captured video with LPCM audio ( which can be converted to mp2 using TMPGenc...which would make the video 1/3 smaller.)
            Hm interesting. I hope this can help me with making the movie smaller and stil compatible with my dvd player.

If you have information that maybe can help me, please don't hesitate to reply.

Thanks for helping dear friends.

Comment

• Floppy

Hi tweety-tweety

What I was trying to say is dont try and burn a SVCD on a DVD but rather on a CD...

If you have Nerovision Express 2 Use it to import/burn the files onto a DVD and post results....

Essentially read This for clues in How to

Lets us know..

Your welcome by any replies from all of us
              Last edited by Guest; 17 Oct 2004, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• tweety-tweety
                • Oct 2004

Thanks for replying guys,

What I was trying to say is dont try and burn a SVCD on a DVD but rather on a CD...

If you have Nerovision Express 2 Use it to import/burn the files onto a DVD and post results....

Essentially read This for clues in How to
                Why I was trying to burn a svcd on a DVD because when I take the dvd mpeg2 file it will be taking al of the space on the dvd.

I don't have the nerovision Express but don't you think that this program also wil not recognize my dazzle 120?

I hope someone can help me out because I realy don’t know what to do anymore!

What I’m asking is not much. Or is it?

With the dazzle 120 I can capture only to the following format’s:
                - DVD – High Quality compatibel format mpeg2, audio & video are 1 file.
                - SVCD – Medium Quality format mpeg2, audio & video are 1 file.
                - VCD – Low Quality format mpeg1, audio & video are 1 file.

Because I can’t capture to .avi the only capture format is mpeg 1 or 2. and if I capture the movie to mpeg 2 I can’t save the audio seperated.

This means 1 file for video & audio. How is it than possible to decrease the movie file?

I can’t capture with the dazzle dvc 120 my camcorder movies with another capture software!

I have trying the following software programs:
                - Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3
                - InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2
                - AVS Video Converter
                - CyberLink PowerDirector

--

Comment

• tweety-tweety
                  • Oct 2004

Dear friends,

Thanks for the reply. First a’m gone answer some questions.

My question to you is why would you want to capture in avi?
                  Because it doesn’t reguire so much space as the mpeg.

Also, look around in your C:\program files\ folder for something like DVXCEL.exe.
                  I have search for it but no dvxcel.exe file.

What program do you currently use for your capture from the 120?
                  I can only capture with the original software pinnacle studio versie 9

Ok I have trying the following:

Step 1
                  I captured a movie from my camcorder with the dazzle 120 and software pinnacle studio 9.
                  The output format that I used is:
                  DVD – High Quality compatibel format mpeg2, audio & video are 1 file.
                  Filename: testproject.mpg File size: 987 MB movie length: 20 min.

Step 2
                  For spiltting the Audio from the video I used the software TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress
                  I have used demultiplex in the section mpeg tools to open the testproject.mpg file.
                  When the splitting is finished I get the following files like u said.
                  Video: testproject.m2v File size: 937 MB
                  Audio: testproject.mp2 File size: 31 MB

Step 3
                  Opening program TMPGEnc DVD Autor. And opening the file testproject.m2v it opens automaticly the file testproject.mp2.
                  For your information: The program recognized the file’s and it is showing the following detail info:
                  testproject.m2v: MPEG-2, 720x576 25fps (4:3) PAL
                  testproject.mp2: MPEG-1, Audio layer-2, 48000 Hz Stereo, 224 kbps (Monolingual)
                  I did not insert a menu.
                  After it was finished, I get the following folders:
                  AUDIO_TS : No files
                  VIDEO_TS : VIDEO_TS.BUP Size: 8 Kb
                  VTS_01_0.BUP Size: 24 Kb
                  VIDEO_TS.IFO Size: 987 Mb
                  VTS_01_0.IFO Size: 8 Kb
                  VTS_01_1.VOB Size: 24 Kb

The following questions do I have for you:
                  - Why is there no Audio file in the AUDIO_TS folder?
                  - Why is the movie still taking so much space?

I have heard of the program DVD Shrink 3.2 is this the solution?

Gr.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"Why is there no Audio file in the AUDIO_TS folder?"

The "AUDIO_TS" of ALL standard movie DVDs is always empty. The audio is multiplexed in the .VOB files included in the "VIDEO_TS" folder...

Comment

• tweety-tweety
                      • Oct 2004

Thanks for your answer setarip,

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

"Thanks for your answer setarip"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...