Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spudlulika
    • Oct 2003

Codec quandry

Hi, I installed multiple codec packs and have completely made a mess of video playback.I have tried to unistall the different packs. Is there some way I can restore the whole media player/codec thingemy to the default without reinstalling windows? This way I can then just install the codecs I want as and when I need them.

Thanks
  • guada
    • Jun 2004

Hello,

Satsuki Nsis pack maker 1.0.0.1 should meet you your expectations.

Comment

• Spudlulika
      • Oct 2003

Thanksfor the reply Guada. I located and downloaded Satsuki pack maker, but it's all in French. Unfortunately I don't have a clue what to do with it. Is there an English translation of it anywhere?

Comment

• guada
        • Jun 2004

Good question.
        I don't know. Tried however to see on Doom9.org
        On my side, I would make an effort of research in English version, or even another tool.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

If your O/S is WinXP, your safest approach would be to first perform a "SYstem Restore" back to the last time things were working properly...

Comment

• guada
            • Jun 2004

Good evening,

It is indeed, a good alternative and very reflexive of your part SETARIP.
            Again it is necessary to think of it.

Besides, English version doesn't exist for the utilitarian Satsuki nsis pack maker.
            Sorry...

Comment

• Spudlulika
              • Oct 2003

I managed to fix it now, by installing ffdshow, then uninstalling it. I have no idea why I had to install then uninstall to fix my problem perhaps one of the multi codec packs I installed left some muck on my sytem that ffdshow fixed

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma!

Comment

• guada
                  • Jun 2004

Good evening Spudlulika,

I can again counsel you to remove all traces of your embezzlements (ffdshow, installed pack codec or codecs).
                  AND install solely the Satsuki Decoder Pack, and your problems will be solved.

I wish you good luck.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

To Spudlulika

If your only concern was PLAYBACK (NOT creating/converting videos), stick with the FFDShow filter ONLY (and, of course, the items that are already on your system, pre-installed as part of the Windows installation). You should not require any additional codec "packs"...

Comment

• Spudlulika
                      • Oct 2003

Yep, playback was my only problem, I do all my encoding on my kids PC when they are alseep so as not to tie up my system too much. The odd thing is now if I install ffdshow then my xvid playback breaks again, but once uninstalled the playback is perfect. What I did want to do was to remove ALL traces of the old codec packs, which I think I have done.

Thanks for the help

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

"The odd thing is now if I install ffdshow then my xvid playback breaks again, but once uninstalled the playback is perfect."

If that's the case, then you MUST still have an XviD codec installed on your system, whether you realize it or not.

Again, If your O/S is WinXP, your safest approach would be to first perform a "SYstem Restore" back to the last time things were working properly - Prior to your installation of ANY codecs and codec "packs". Then, simply install the FFDShow filter...

Comment

Working...