Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barney23
    • Oct 2004

vhs to dvd , no audio

I captured a vhs tape to hd and burnt it to dvd using nero but there is no audio when it's played on dvd player, video is good. Audio is good on play back on computer . Need help and a hammer to teach this computer who's boss.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Are you saying the burned DVD plays with audio on your PC, or only the captured file plays with audio from your hard drive?

Comment

• Barney23
      • Oct 2004

I only have audio probs with dvd player not PC , so I guess I'm losing something in the burn process . My dvd player seems to support all formats . I captured TV to HD and that plays good,audio and video on a burnt DVD , its just the VHS.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"so I guess I'm losing something in the burn process"

Once again, does the burned DVD play with audio on your PC?
        Last edited by setarip; 30 Oct 2004, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"I captured a vhs tape to hd and burnt it to dvd using nero"

What procedures did you use to capture the VHS footage (both hardware and software)?

Comment

• Barney23
            • Oct 2004

Yes , the burned dvd plays on pc with audio and no problems . Am using a Fusion DVB-t plus digital video card that has analogue input to capture the vhs to hd . Then using nero to burn from there.

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

"Am using a Fusion DVB-t plus digital video card that has analogue input to capture the vhs to hd"

Does this card have the standard "RCA" type of inputs for both video and audio?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"Yes , the burned dvd plays on pc with audio and no problems"

Then it must be a physical problem with your standalone DVD player. Is it properly connected to an audio system or speakers?

Comment

• Barney23
                  • Oct 2004

If it's a physical setup prob with my stand alone dvd player then why does it play the tv that's been captured to hd and burnt to disc with no probs . Its gotta be something to do with the signal from the vhs being analogue , but I would have thought that once I got it to hd it would be OK . What format should the captured vhs be , it shows them as being mpeg's.
                  Extremely new at this(duh) so no idea what a "RCA" type of input looks like.There is a photo of the card at www.dvico.com on their home page .Its the 1st card.

Comment

• Barney23
                    • Oct 2004

Solved the prob guys , it was a wiring stuff up . Still cannot get my head around why it would not play the vhs segment but it would play the tv segment , tried a heap of variations and now both work .Thanks for the input , I'm off now to give myself a punch in the mouth for being so stupid.

Comment

• ormonde
                      Digital Video Explorer
                      • Dec 2003

"Solved the prob guys , it was a wiring stuff up"

Glad to hear you resolved your problem.

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

Me: "Then it must be a physical problem with your standalone DVD player. Is it properly connected to an audio system or speakers?"

You: "Solved the prob guys , it was a wiring stuff up... Thanks for the input"

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...