Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • German
    • Nov 2004

Bad frames?

Im having a problem playing an mpg video. At around 25 minutes it freezes at a frame but the sound seems to keep going. I tried opening the file with videodub but I get a message that tells me that it cant find any frames, does anyone know the solution to this?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

First, try using VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub). If it generates an error message, post the EXACT message and, if possible:

1) Load the original video file into VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• German
      • Nov 2004

mpeg: anachronistic or discontinuous timestamp found in video stream 0 at byte position 822382278, from 143274002 to 258913202. This may indicate an improper join.
      mpeg: anachronistic or discontinuous timestamp found in audio stream 0 at byte position 822410166, from 143208026 to 258845316. This may indicate an improper join.

It gave me these to responses under a window virtual dub Mod warning. Virtual dub mod was able to show all the frames up to the part were it froze in windows media player. So it didnt show any other frame after that in virtualmod, it seems that it cut out the part were the video doesnt work in the other players

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Try simply resaving, using "TMPGEnc" as follows:

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>Cut&Merge

Load the original problem file, save with a new filename...

Comment

• German
          • Nov 2004

I couldnt do what you said ,I tried playing the file in TMPGEnc 3.0 and it stopped at the same place, it tild me that the playback couldnt catch up and it froze, I honestly have no idea what to do?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I tried playing the file in TMPGEnc 3.0 and it stopped at the same place"

But did you try doing what I suggested, using the Merge&Cut function of TMPGEnc?

Comment

• German
              • Nov 2004

Thanks for the help, I got it to work finally, although I really dont know what the problem was. Anyways the movie is an mpg file that weighs around 780 megabytes. I want to burn it on a cd, any recommendations how to make the file smaller without loosing any visible quality.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the help"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• German
                  • Nov 2004

For some reason when I use virtualdub to compress the mog movie it freezes when I press configure or ok after selecting the divx codec?, someone knows why?

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"Anyways the movie is an mpg file that weighs around 780 megabytes. I want to burn it on a cd, any recommendations how to make the file smaller without loosing any visible quality."

MPEG CDs are based on TIME (just like audio CDs) nad NOT filesize. If your file is in MPEG-1 format and up to 80 minutes running time, you should be able to burn it to a CD, without compressing it...

Comment

Working...