Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I C Flack
    • Nov 2004

DVD Shrink_Getting subtitles to work

I'm new to DVDShrink so please bare with me.
    I have just bought THE PASSION.
    I also own two kids, three dogs and a fridge full of beer so I wish to backup this disc with the movie only - no extras and no menus, before it gets stood on or chewed or made into a frizbee for that matter.
    However I cannot get the english subtitles to show. I have tried right clicking on the movie and clicked on subpicture 2 etc etc as in some guides but no luck.
    Anyone have any ideas? Perhaps a brief 1, 2, 3 list would be appreciated.
    My THE LAST SAMURAI also has subtitles so I assume the process would be the same ?
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

The right-clicing in the preview window will only allow you to prehear the different soundtracks - not the subpictures. So what to do?

1. Drag the mainmovie file into the compilation window
    2. Select the one subpicture you think is the right one and deselect those you don't want.
    3. Rightclic on the title in the compilationwindow and in that menu choose what will be best for you - automatic show or let your player decide for you
    4. Hit the backup button
    5. Select your hard disk as target
    6. After that Shrink has done the encoding - open up the movie and play it on your PC - if the right subs show up - you have done it right - if not go back to item 2 and do the job once more.

Don't know if you have found them - but here is some good guides: www.dvdshrink.info

Comment

Working...