Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evnp85
    • Nov 2004

Playback skipping

My video playback in WMP has been painfully lagging behind the audio (to the point where it is not even worthy of watching anymore). The audio plays normal without any skipping, but the video plays at about .5 frames per second, and NEVER catches up with the audio. Its as if my video playback is a slideshow. What is going on? Please help.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Did you open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file or just a VOB-file?

Comment

• video
      • Jul 2002

Re: Playback skipping

Originally posted by evnp85
      My video playback in WMP has been painfully lagging behind

Try defragging your system lately? Maybe worth a try. scandisk also.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To evnp85

1) Are you having a problem with only one video or many?

2) What is (are) the format of the video (videos) - .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise), MPEG-1, MPEG-1 VideoCD, MPEG-2, MPEG-2 SuperVideoCD, DVD, .MOV?

3) What version of Windows Media Player are you using?

4) What is your Operating System?

5) Have you previously SUCCESSFULLY played these (or similar) videos on this system?

6) Did you CREATE these videos? If not, what was the source?

7) if .AVI or MPEG, load one of the problem videos into VIrtualDubMOD and from the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• evnp85
          • Nov 2004

1. This problem occurs with all extensions that use windows media player. However, the problem is not only limited to WMP. I have tried other programs to play the video files and the same problem occurs. Video playback in quicktime and realplayer does not experience this problem. Only WMP associated files (*.mpg, *.avi, etc..)

2. See above.

3. I was primarily using WMP 10, but I reverted back to 9.0 in an attempt to resolve my issure. No such luck.

4. I am using Windows XP SP1 because SP2 is nothing but headaches for me.

5. Yes, I have successfully been able to play video using WMP in the past. Now that I think about it, this never started happening until I updated to Windows Movie Maker 2.0. Before that, I never had any issues.

6. The problem occurs with any video I download from the internet, whether it be a source such as CNN, or something like ebaumsworld, the problem still shows up. Videos I create experience the same problems aswell.

7. SS attached.

I have a feeling that some random windows update is doing this to me. I'm going to remove all the updates and see if that helps.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by evnp85; 15 Nov 2004, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Now that I think about it, this never started happening until I updated to Windows Movie Maker 2.0. Before that, I never had any issues."

Perform a "System Restore" to just prior to having installed that update...

Comment

Working...