Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shanecarroll
    • Nov 2004

Playback Problems

Hi There, I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could help me.

I've been using DVDShrink toback up some dvd's but when I play them on my Pioneer stand alone dvd player they are playing up. Usually at about the 1 hour mark there is a little pixelation and then they just freeze up.

the weird thing is that some movies play ok right through and some freeze up after only 20 mins.

I've been using Infiniti DVD+R and I've also downloaded DVDInfo Pro and tested a couple for CRC errors. The ones I have tested have found CRC errors so it appears that the problem might be in the burning but I don't get why some work. I do the same process each time.

If anyone has got any ideas I would be most grateful.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Hi

Welcome to the forum

A couple of things to try:

Use Higher quality media
    Burn at a slower speed
    Do not multi-task whilst you burn
    Check for a firmware update for your writer.
    Ensure you are using the latest version of your burning s/w

Also check here for media compatability with yout Pioneer:

Comment

• shanecarroll
      • Nov 2004

Thanks

I'll give it all a try and see how that goes.

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Let us know how you get along

Comment

• BillWyld
          • Sep 2004

I have been following this message stream and wanted to let you know how I made out.

I also had difficulties with Disks, mostly they worked for the firat hour and then started skipping (pikelating?) out on me and eventually freezing. I tried the following in this order:

1. Used Higher quality media and the problem diminished but did not go away

2. Do not multi-task whilst you burn. I made it a point to check on background programs. Made sure that I wasn't running anything.

3. I did Check for a firmware update and did an update.

4. Finally I did Burn at a slower speed. Didn't know how to do that but found that speed could be adjusted when I started the BURN procedure. This last seemed to fix the problem with at least one DVD that was causing me a problem.

Comment

• shanecarroll
            • Nov 2004

Thanks for the help. How do I do a Firmware update for my dvd burner?

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"How do I do a Firmware update for my dvd burner?"

You go to the berner manufacturer's website and download the latest firmware update available for YOUR SPECIFIC MODEL burner. You read and follow the instructions VERY CAREFULLY!

Comment

• BillWyld
                • Sep 2004

You might want to refer to the thread I started on 9/26 that ended on 10/26, subject "Burn Process Failed at 1x etc.

i also was not too sure about a firmware install and what they said at the manufacturer's web site was down right scary.

Comment

Working...