Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haciendadad
    • Dec 2004

Help! Nothing but coasters!

I can't seem to get a good copy. I have been using DVD Shrink and 123 Copy DVD with the third-party patch to remove the macrovision setting. I've copied from DVD to DVD and from DVD to Hard drive.

For burning I've copied from Hard Drive to DVD using Roxio's latest SW and 123 Copy DVD.

Currently, I am backing up a DVD of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" with 4-5 episodes, the first couple of episodes burn fine but then a few of then don't get burned.

Is there a trick that I am missing?

I am using a new TDK Indi DVD burner with DVD-R DVDs.

I am using DVD Shrink 3.2.

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by haciendadad; 5 Dec 2004, 07:41 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Does the hard drive version playback properly on your PC, using a software DVD player such as WinDVD or Power DVD to "play as DVD"?

2) To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:

(If necessary, open the Device Manager in the Control Panel to determine the make and model number)

3) To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• haciendadad
      • Dec 2004

Thanks for the help! It turns out that my DVD player was so old that it couldn't handle my backups, when I tried it on a newer machine it worked.

The only problem that I have now is that while watching the movie I'll see a second or two of pixelated picture, kind of like it does when there is a smudge on the DVD.

Is this a byproduct of too much compression? Any other ideas?

Thanks
      Last edited by haciendadad; 27 Jan 2005, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...