Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frx
    • Mar 2002

Pb using downloaded DivX Bundle 4.12

I have downloaded DivX 4.12 Bundle from the official site.

the file is named "DivX412Bundle.exe"

When I run this file to install it I receive the following error message "Installer CRC invalid".

Can you tell me why this error ?? or give me any others sites to download Divx 4.12 Bundle.

Thanks
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Frx
    ...When I run this file to install it I receive the following error message "Installer CRC invalid"...
    This means that the install file is broken, probably due to errors durring download, try downloading agan or try downloading the codec only from here.

Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Frx
      • Mar 2002

Thanks a lot for your fix. I apply it but my Pb is always alive.

First I try four other downloads from divx.com site but the file "DivX412Bundle.exe" was every time corrupted and the message "Invalid CRC Installer" was displayed.

Second I try to download "DivX4212Codec.exe" from divx.com. The same message "Invalid CRC Installer" was displayed when I ran DivX412Codec.exe.

To be sure these files are not corrupted on the site divx.com (I don't thhink so but may be they are ...) can you please try to download them on your PC and verify that they work. If they work, it will mean that the Pb is on my PC and I have to fix it. But in this case, to help me again, can you send the files to "eric.fargeix1@libertysurf.fr".

Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Try turning off your anti-virus program. It's just a suggestion, but worth trying anyway. I had my AVP kill off a program installation before and turning it off was the only solution. Queer, I must say.

Comment

• abdul
          • Jan 2002

to Frx

"You've got mail"

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Of course, I was implying that he turn off the AVP during the installation (anyone actually ever had a "bugged" DIvX4.12 codec?) and turn it on again after installation.

That reminded me of the Chernobyl virus... The first and last one to ever slap me in the face.

Comment

Working...