Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmast
    • Mar 2002

TV-out questions

I have a couple of questions about TV-out and we're talking serious newbie to video here.

1. I am planning on buying a video card with TV-out. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

2. Once the video card is installed, will the movies I've been downloading be full screen on the TV?

3. Is there a wireless system that would allow me to broadcast the signal from my computer to my large TV on the living room?

Thanks,

johnmast
  • relifex
    • Nov 2001

johnmast,

1) spend as much as you can afford - quality comes a cost.

2) most cards produce full screen but the picture quality is reduced due to enlargment of the tv than the pc screen.

3) there are a number of video senders on the market to transmit video around your home just pick one with the right inputs to connect to your card you buy.

sorry for not being much help but its all about trying. buy one thing at a time and see if the quality is what you want before spending hundreds on stuff you might not use.

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

The new Geforce 4 cards are out--I guess they'll have great quality. Try to go for a card with a high resolution (like 2000xy. You may have to experiment with some cards, so make sure there's a good return policy ATI might also be good.

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

I absolutly love my Matrox Marvel G450 eTV.
        It's great for divx with tv out.

And it has the added advantage that it doesn't use a fan.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• johnmast
          • Mar 2002

Wow. Thanks for the quick replies. I'll check these tips out and let you know how it goes.

Johnmast

Comment

• Canuck
            • Feb 2002

How is the quality of wireless video sender/transmitter?

I was told that the wireless video sender affect the video quality. Is there any body ever use/try it?

I'm also thinking get a wireless video sender to watch DivX on big TV in the living room

Comment

• relifex
              • Nov 2001

a friend had one it wasn't that bad vhs quality the only thing to be wary of is the distance your sending. Most say they send enough for round the home and infact they may but if your sendig from one corner of the house say a bedroom to the living room then thats a long way. the unit seemed to cope but if someone walked in between the units you got interference you know like a portable tv with a loop ariel. PS the biggest pain was this unit was on a pc upstairs sending to a tv downstairs....great it worked but what a pain to pause or stop the film.

Comment

• tfboy
                • Feb 2002

The new XCard

You may want to look at Sigma Design's new X Card. It's like a glorified dxr3/Hollywood+ card, but also gives divx playback output on your TV.

Here's the link: http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products/xcard_intro.htm

Also, bear in mind that a solution like this also gives you minimum hassle to obtain a DD5.1 or DTS sound. You can get it with software players, but then your sound card needs to support it too.

Just my two pennies' worth.

Token

Comment

Working...