X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jolgreen
    • Mar 2002

HELP!!! Can't hear sound on movie :(

Hi, Hope someone can help me.

I have downloaded a video and can't hear any sound. It was a DVD rip and once downloaded converts into avi format. When opening the file it sends a request for codec and then I see "Error downloading codec"

I have downloaded DivX_3.11_Alpha and DivX_4.11_Alpha but they don't seem to work. Is there anything else I need???

Someone pleeease help because I REALLY want to see this video.

Thanx
    Jolgreen
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

Let me guess ....................... is the sound AC3 ??

In that case you need the appropiate files for AC3 sound
    You can get them by installing for instance a codec filter pack like Tsunami

Look at UncasMS's site for a download of the filter pack

Comment

• jolgreen
      • Mar 2002

Abdul, sorry if I am dounding dumb but I am not sure where this site is. Do you have a link? And MANY thanx for your help

Comment

• Assault
        • Jan 2002

I have the problem with WinXP, no audio on the movie Swingers or Blow, I open the movie in Vegas Video and still no sound shows up I think that XP can't play back the sound format

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I have downloaded DivX_3.11_Alpha and DivX_4.11_Alpha but they don't seem to work.
          There is no such thing called DivX 4.11Alpha. ANyway, you have installed the codecs and not just downloaded them, I hope. And have you refused 4.11's offer to play 3.11a contents?

As for Assault's post, I don't think XP is that flawed. It's an excellent OS, even if it's bloatware. I've not had any major problems with DivX movies using XP.

Comment

• jolgreen
            • Mar 2002

Hi

I have installed both codecs and neither worked. Any other ideas.

Comment

• abdul
              • Jan 2002

I didn't read your question about were to find it until now, sorry for that, but judging from your last post you were able to find it anyhow

Back to your initial problem
              We need some proerties of your movie to give any futher advise; so if you would be so kind to post the properties of both audio and video maybe we can find something

Also what player are you using and which codecs do you have installed right now?

Comment

• Rooster6975
                Smart Chicken
                • Mar 2002

Your problem is simple to solve

Hi,

You have a movie that requires an audio codec that installs with the 3.11 codec. I know you say you have downloaded it, but I recognize exactly the sound problem you have as I had it myself.

What you need to do is run the divx 3.11 Alpha exe file to install it. Then make sure your run the RUN ME FIRST batch file that comes with it. You should have sound now. Finally, you can then install the latest 4.12 divx (or 5 if you want to have the latest). When the 4.12 install asks if you want to view all Divx 3 files with the 4.x codec, respond NO. This will ensure that you have both codecs.

Once you have done this, your will hear sound in your movie and you will not affect your viewing of 4.x codec AVI files.

Rooster.

Comment

Working...