Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinntasy
    • Mar 2002

Oh dear Oh dear ehehe TMPGEnc new addition help pls

First off , let me say how embarrassing this is hehe...ok yes I can make and had made (thanks to ppl in here answering to my post, they rock!) vcd's, ok two of them, but hey I got them to play in my vcr YAY!....ok well i thought hmm ok I heard that mpeg2 is better so i tried converting using the new tmpg thing and after a day of converting, i end up with somethings I have no clue what they are , ok here is what i did, i took my avi movie (empire strikes back) and was attemtping to make svcd by having the new tmpgenc convert it to mpeg2....(i have searched this forum, I am sure there is help here somewhere on it, but I cannot seem to find this topic, may be overlooking)...well my end result was something with extensions, avs, m2v and a m2v mux......SO what did i do wrong? or what is the next step I am supposed to do with these files ..thanks to those that have helped in the past! (I may be slow, but i will get this eventually hehe) ty =)
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

TMPGEnc may not recognize the audio (did you check to see if an audio path was entered). Check file properties to ensure the audio is in a format TMPGEnc recognizes. You may have to convert the audio. Have you succesfully created a VCD of this movie?

Comment

• Sinntasy
      • Mar 2002

yes, I made a vcd, I am attempting to make svcd's and failing miserably

i cant seem to follow the guides I have found in the beginner section, vcd I had no problems, great guides! svcd was a different story (svd guides were great, the few svcd guides i found I couldnt seem to follow)

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

search google.com and visit vcdhelp.com

I think you'll have to convert the audio to a format TMPGEnc recognizes. Load the divx avi file into Virtualdub and see if you get a message, telling you something about your audio format.

Comment

• Sinntasy
          • Mar 2002

ty!

Ill check it out, thanks!

Comment

Working...