Clear All
  • Paradox
    • Jan 2005

Full disk on 2 DVDs?

Is there any way to do a full backup onto two dvds? Thanks
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Are you seeking to "Split" a DVD-10 or larger movie onto 2 separate disks?

Comment

• Paradox
      • Jan 2005

hummm, I'm not reall y sure what DVD-10 is (I'm a noob, sorry). But I have a disk, and if I do a full backup and take off all the languages and subscripts I don't need, and compress all the menu stuff that isn't very important to still images and stuff, I get a compression of 60% which I assume wouldn't look very good. So I was wondering if I could do something to make it burn to 2 DVD's for 100% compression and still retain menu functions. I was thinking.... maybe if I went to the movie and selected manual compression and boosted it all the way to 100%, maybe when it ran out of room on that disk, it would prompt me to put in a second disk, or something. I donno, just hoping theres a way,

Edit: Ok, researched for about 3 seconds and found out a DVD-10 is a single layerd dual sided DVD, correct? No, I'm just burning onto regular single layered, single sided DVDs
      Last edited by Paradox; 5 Jan 2005, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

I would look into using a program called "DVD-Replica". It will allow you to "Split" a DVD onto 2 separate disks while retaining the menu structure.

Comment

• kimomakano
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Jun 2002

You might also look at DVD2One. It has a function that allows you to split a DVD to 2 discs

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I get a compression of 60% which I assume wouldn't look very good."

Presumably, you are using DVD Shrink. Rather than assume that it won't look very good, simply try it (burn to a R/W DVD) - You may be pleasantly surprised ;>}

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

When my brother bought LOTR - The Two Towers, I made him a copy of it cause he has a little kid that like playing Frisbee with DVD's. I used around %60 compression for it, he hasn't complained yet, and I was actually very surprised at the quality of the video after using that much compression. Try it out, you might be satisfied.

Comment

Working...