X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Director
    • Jan 2005

No Sound On Backup

Hello Everyone,

Apologies if this has already been addressed but spent hours on forum trying to solve and found no solution.

I am trying to backup my Flintstones Season 1 dvds but with no success. I originally used DVD Decryptor 3.1.9 with DVD Shrink 3.1.5 and then switched to DVD D 3.5.2 with DVD S 3.2.0, both resulting in failure. What I get is a backup that plays on my pc but without sound on one stand alone player and causes a "no disc" on the other player. I have tried burning one audio stream, all three audio streams, switching audio streams on the stand alones, switching from component to composite to S-video cables and playing left or right audio channels. No success at all. The only part of the burned dvd that produces sound is the menu selection. Checked the audio on DVD S and the menu selection has AC3 2 whereas the episodes themselves have AC3 1. Don't know if that means anything, but that's the only difference I found. This is the only DVD I've ever had a problem with. Any help would be appreciated as I hate to be replacing this DVD set repeatedly given the heavy kid use. And yes, the original is a legit bought DVD at a major retailer. Thanks for any help.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

This first sounded like poor media but you say you've had many successes before?
    Have you tried a full backup rather than reauthor? Sometimes the soundstreams aren't quite what they are titled.
    On the media score, have you tried a ReWritable?
    Btw, you are aware that the s-video is just that and you need to connect audio separately?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Director
      • Jan 2005

No, not a media problem. Tried on 2 different Memeorx RW and one Maxell +R with the same results. Also tried full backup and reauthored just the episodes. Tried the various video inputs in desparate hope that the video signal was interfering with the audio. Also hooked up audio directly to stereo just in case TV audio was acting up. Nada. Consistent problem.

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

Does the original play ok on your PC?
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Director
          • Jan 2005

Yep. Original plays on PC and stand alone DVD.

Has anyone else had problems backing up the Flintstones?

Comment

Working...