Newbie - Karaoke Duplication Freezes - intentional copyright protection?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • walkingangel
    • Jan 2005

Newbie - Karaoke Duplication Freezes - intentional copyright protection?

Hi there,

I have some dvd karaokes that I would like to backup. I have ran DVDshrink and DVDdecrytor on them and verified that they do not have any sort of protection.

On the first try, the back up was burned on the fly (disc to disc) ; however, after 11 or 12 songs the newly burned disc started to freeze. I have checked the original DVD and it is a okay. On the second try, I used DVDshrink and backed the orginal onto my hard drive and I then used ULead Movie Factory to burned the back up. The same freezing problem occurred similar to the disk that was burned on the fly. Quite Bizzare! On the third try, I went over to my friend who has a DVD duplicator and burned the disk. The same freezing problem occured after playing the 11 songs!

Is there something that I am doing wrong? If there is CRC problem then DVDshrink should have identified. If this is an intention copyright protection then my hat is off to the inventor?

Has anyone come across similar problem before?
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Try burning at a slower speed.

Comment

• walkingangel
      • Jan 2005

Checked, I tried burning at 1x and tried several media - Ridata, ProDisc, Opto Disc

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Do the originals exhibit the same behaviour?

If not, (since you state that they're not copy-protected) simply copy them to your hard drive and then use NERO or something similar to burn from the hard drive copies...

Comment

• walkingangel
          • Jan 2005

The originals do not exhibit the same behavior. I have used DVDshrink to back the disc onto my hard drive and used Ulead to burn.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

You've indirectly indicated that the original DVD is single-sided single-layered ("On the first try, the back up was burned on the fly (disc to disc)"). You've also stated that the originals are not copy-protected.

Therefore, there's absolutely NO reason to use DVD Shrink.

Once again, simply copy the ORIGINALS DIRECTLY to your hard drive and then use NERO or something similar to burn from the hard drive copies...

Comment

Working...