Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juuldenuul
    • Feb 2002

Multichannel SVCD possible???

I have already tried many ways to make a multichannel SVCD, but still without results. I can make a multichannel MPEG-2 with TMPGenc, but what do I need to do after that?
    Please explain from the beginning (MPEG-1 and AC3) how to make a SVCD with 5.1 (or similar) sound that's playable in a standalone dvd-player (that supports SVCD)

Before you explain, first answer the topic.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I can make a multichannel MPEG-2 with TMPGenc, but what do I need to do after that?"

When creating the multichannel file under TMPGEnc, set the mode to MPEG2-SuperVideoCD, rather than "plain vanilla" MPEG2. Burn the resultant saved file with NERO set to SVCD (Do NOT ask NERO to convert the file to SVCD format, simply select "SVCD" as the burn mode).

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• juuldenuul
      • Feb 2002

SVCD or Mini DVD or ...

I tried that already, but it didn't work (because i don't know all the right settings of TMPGenc)
      THIS IS WHAT I WANT: A disc on CD-R /CD-RW with 5.1 sound (or similar) and the video. It has to be playable on most stand-alone DVD-players. I found a tutorial to make a mini-dvd (http://tech-dvd.itgo.com/Twelve.htm ), but therefore i need CDmotion (and i don't find this anywhere). Are there any other tutorials to make it with Maestro/Scenarist/SpruceUp/DVDitPE or any other free software that's downloadable everywhere.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'm afraid I can't be any more explicit than my last post. Perhaps someone else can provide further insight - or perhaps you might explain yourself more clearly (either you've successfully created an MPEG2-multichannel file with TMPGEnc, and just needed to know how to use TMPGEnc to create an SVCD instead, or you "don't know the proper settings for TMPGEnc"...
        Last edited by setarip; 8 Mar 2002, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Poy
          • Jan 2002

How to make a multichannel MPEG-2 Audiostream:

Comment

• juuldenuul
            • Feb 2002

The link to make a multichannel mpeg2 is how to make it with LINUX (what I don't have).
            I have clearly explained what i want in my new topic From the beginning to the end .

Comment

• Poy
              • Jan 2002

May be you can find some link: www.vcdhelp.com and svcd help.

Comment

Working...