Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soda Pop
    • Jan 2005

PLEASE HELP... DVD burning problem...

I am a newbie and I stumbled upon this forum and I hope someone can help me.
    Problem: I just bought my notebook computer a month ago and I instantly signed up for Limeware (a downloading program) and started downloading movies. I wanted to burn them onto a DVD so I can play them in a DVD player. So I went out and bought an external DVD burner. But when I got home and hooked everything up an installed the Nero program that came with the burner... I can't get to to burn the movie files. I have downloaded several different burning programs and none work. They will burn (some of them) but when I put the DVD into the DVD player, it can't read it. I know it's not the DVD player because it is compatiable and the disc won't play the movie on my computer either. SO.... now that I have told you my life story, I have questions.... What do I need to be able to burn movie files from my computer onto a DVD+R or DVD-R, so I can play them on a DVD player? Are there any programs that I can download? Do I need to convert the movies files? And if so, to what, with what? I really hope someone will be able to help me. I am so frustrated.

-Soda Pop
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

<b>Please do not refer to pirated contents (including software/movies/music ...)</b> - posting messages about movies or software you downloaded off Kazza or some other illegal means will not help you, and may get you into trouble with the authorities. For more information regarding what kind of posts are acceptable, please <a href="http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?threadid=28245">read this message</a>

*** Moderators - Please delete this thread. ***

Comment

• Soda Pop
      • Jan 2005

Actually I paid for the downloading, so it is legal. I wouldn't download otherwise. Limeware is from Napster. I bought a membership from Best Buy.
      I am sorry if it was against the forums rules. I didn't mean to.
      I have movie files that I would like to burn onto a DVD, and I am not sure how to.
      Soda Pop
      Last edited by Soda Pop; 27 Jan 2005, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

I'm sorry Soda Pop, I wasn't born yesterday. LimeWire is not from Napster, and has no affiliation or partnership with Best Buy. I work there, I think I would know.

Comment

• Soda Pop
          • Jan 2005

I am sorry that you think I am lying, but I went to best buy and bought a napser membership. I pay a monthly fee and when I went to napster.com to download the software, there was a page of different download programs to choose from and Limeware was one. But I will not continue to dispute, and I have broke a rule, and for that I am sorry, but I will not continue to post here to avoid any other problems.
          Soda Pop

Comment

Working...