Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clmantis21
    • Oct 2004

All DVDs wont play all the way on my computers

This isnt on just burned DVDs, this is with originals too.

I tried searching the forum, but I couldnt find a clear answer.

When playing a DVD movie on either my laptop or desktop using both Media Player and WinDVD 5, It keeps freezing like 45 minutes into the movie sometimes sooner. Sometimes the program just closes.

Do I need to download something?

I found this out while trying to watch a movie on my laptop during a long flight. On Media Player, the movie will just freeze.

All help is greatly appreciated!!
    -+>CL MaNTis
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

What brand of media are you using?

Comment

• clmantis21
      • Oct 2004

all DVDs do this, not just burned ones.
      -+>CL MaNTis

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

******** I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU REBOOT AND EXIT ALL UNNEEDED PROGRAMS BEFORE ATTEMPTING A PLAYBACK, BACKUP OR BURNING!!! (Right click all of the unneeded icons beside your computers clock area and then left click on exit.)********

{Granted, I know you don't have to do this but, it can only help. And you can always get the icons back by rebooting again or starting the programs again}

Comment

• clmantis21
          • Oct 2004

i dont think you are understanding what is happening.

basically when trying to play any movie on windows media player it freezes about 20, 30-45 minutes into the movie. It plays fine then all of a sudden freezes. Not just burned movies, all the movies.

This happens on WinDVD also, so I know its not just Media Player. This happens on both my laptop and my desktop computer so I know its not the drives either.

Is there some type of plug in or any other type of file I need to download to help play movies on my computers?

THANKS AGAIN!
          -+>CL MaNTis

Comment

• kimomakano
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jun 2002

I think what jmet is suggesting is that your laptop/pc may be freezing up because it has run out of memory. Depending on how much memory and/or how fast your processor it may be that your freezing up simply because it is running out of resources.

By deleting unneeded programs and stopping any processes that aren't vital to the running of the DVD you may be able to watch them all the way through.

Comment

• clmantis21
              • Oct 2004

Well i wouldnt think that i'm running out of memory. My laptop has 512MB Ram on a Intel Centrino and running an ATi Radeon 9200.
              -+>CL MaNTis

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

Sounds as the drive has seen it better days and is going to be with its creator. I suggest getting a new drive.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

Your system(s) may be overheating...

Comment

Working...