Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HCP SEVEN
    • Jan 2005

silly ? that i just can't figure out ??

okay guys...dumb ? for ya...my media is 8x and i can't seem to figure out how to make my burner burn at 8x ...it keeps wanting to burn at 4x...and i do have a 16x burner right now so i know it can handle 8x and has been until the last few movies i've backed up...

thanks...hcp seven
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

Change from -R disks, to +R.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

What model burner is it?
      What brand of media are you using?
      Is your DMA still on?
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• HCP SEVEN
        • Jan 2005

i have a lite-on 16x burner...was using imation 8x media..and i don't understand the last ?..i don't know the answer to it..i'm using +r discs right now...but soon will be going to ridata dvd-r 8x...cuz the +r are about to run out...

thanks for the help...what to do now?? hcp seven

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

have you performed the firmware update for your writer from the lite-on website? i have the lite-on sohw 1213s and had a few quirks resolved with the firmware update.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• HCP SEVEN
            • Jan 2005

is there anyway you could send me to that link for the update?? what exactly does it do??

Comment

• HCP SEVEN
              • Jan 2005

i just can't figure out how to make this burn at 8x to match the mediua that i'm using!!!!! it worked fine for many burns..but now all of a sudden switched to 4x and i can't figure out how to get it back..!!!! pleae help

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

here is the website: liteonamericas.com. go to top of screen and select download, then chooose your model number of writer. download the file and install on the pc--simple.

recently i had the opposite, the writer always burns at max speed of the disc i am using (dvd-r 4x). but i have no problems yet so i'm not gonna waste time worrying about it. it happened when i installed xp sp2. sp2 is the biggest piece of garbage to emerge from microsoft yet. firewall is useless, pop-ups still aren't very controlled---i had to tweak a lot of my programs to work well with sp2---I SPIT ON SP2!

good luck.
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• HCP SEVEN
                  • Jan 2005

okay well i installed what you told me to install and it still is just burning at 4x with 8x media...what else can i do??

Comment

• sfheath
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Sep 2003

info on DMA: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616
                    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

To HCP SEVEN

Regardless of the reason for not being able to burn at 8X (The low quality imation "8X" media is probably overrated), you are safer burning at no higher than 4X (I usually burn at 2X) - higher burn rates tend to lead to burning errors...

Comment

Working...