Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • effraides
    • Feb 2002

2 Questions... Please Help.

My first question is this... I have a couple of large MPG files that I cannot view... the media player will not work. It says that this file type is not supported. Is there a way that I can fix these files to be viewable... or do i need a specific codec to view... I thought that i was pretty much up to date on codecs.
    Another question is... I have a few 795 meg files that i would like to fit each seperately onto a disk. My disk sizes are only 700 megs or so... I want to make these MPG files VCD files and throw them onto disks. I dont want to have to split them down... is there a way to fit the entire 795 meg files onto a disk without spliting it... and making it playable as a VCD? Thanks ahead of time.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

An answer to your first question. The mpg files seem to be mpeg-2 files. Try playing it using a DVD player software, like PowerDVD or WinDVD.

Comment

• SergeVanDyc
      • Mar 2002

The MS Media Player don't read the suffix (e.g. *.avi or *.mpg) but the FourCC Code of the Moviefile, witch the compression codec specifyed.
      So you can have a MPG File, but really it is an AVI-File.
      At this Side you can get Software, which shows you the FourCC Code of your File, maybe you need only the right codec.
      Otherwise take a software DVD-Payer, like the post from Enchanter.

To your second question, you can burn till 80 min videostream MPEG-1 (VCD) to your 700MB disk. Otherwise take a 800MB (90min) disk.

Serge

Comment

Working...