Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaal
    • Mar 2002

Geforce MX400 TV-OUT and MPEG Video Decoder

I can playback DivX (.avi) on both PC monitor and TV-out. I can playback MPEG (.mpg) files on my PC monitor, but if I attempt playback through TV-out, only audio runs, video is dead and eventually the player (no matter what player, tried WMedia Player, BS Play etc) freezes after about 5 seconds and the application needs to be killed.

If I run through the properties of the file, I notice that it only happens with files with video codec property 'MPEG Video Decoder'. I believe there's hardware support for that on the card, so I cannot download another codec and use that one. Moreover, I cannot even find the codec in the list of available video codecs.

Any suggestions?

Running:
    Windows XP
    NVideo det. 23.11 drivers
  • Madwack
    • Mar 2002

hmmm i have same card as you and am having know problems....and mpeg codecs i have installed several....i dont know what yer problem is and cant really help..but just thought id let ya know....maybe a format is in order or reinstall the drivers ..install a new codec is alli can say

Madwack

Comment

• Kaal
      • Mar 2002

Thanks for the quick response. In my opinion it can be one of the following:
      • There maybe something wrong with the hardware accelerated MPEG decoding on the card itself when it needs to output to TV-out. I doubt that, for I vagualy remember being able to playback these files on TV before. Moreoever you do not have that problem, so it should be possible with that card.
      • It could be a driver problem. No explanation needed, maybe just noting that it happens only to certain video files, which !do! play fine on the PC monitor.

There is another lad that has these problems, however with another card. A driver update was necessary, but since I already have the updated drivers...

I have just installed XP on my laptop which runs a ATI 3D rage lt pro card, and when I try to play back movies on my TV via an s-video cable the actual movie does not show. Everything else shows fine, meaning the controls, etc., but not the the actual pictures. On the computer everything works fine, the problem only relates to

Comment

Working...