Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilshann
    • Feb 2005

Can someone please help a newbie?

Hi there, I am very new at this and am having some problems and have some questions that probably even seem stupid.
    First of all I have been trying to use shrink and all of that and was able to put a movie onto a cd. I don't have a dvd burner but have a cd-rw. The movie was to big for a cd and even if I shrunk it, it was still to big. I have only found 80 minute cd and this movie is much bigger than that. I have some DVD-R but can't get those to work, those are 120 mniutes. Stupid question here but can I put movies on dvd-r if I don't have dvd burner or do I just have to use cd's? And if I can use them how?
    If I have to use the cd's how to do I get movies on them without having to use 2 or 3 cd's? And please rememer I am new at this so I will need step by step if possible!!!

Any help would be so appreciated!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

if you do not have a dvd burner, dvd shrink is not really gonna help you. it was designed for dvd's hence the name.

what is the source? a purchased dvd ?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"Stupid question here but can I put movies on dvd-r if I don't have dvd burner"

No

"or do I just have to use cd's? And if I can use them how?"

You won't be able to create CDs, of DVD files, that will playback on standalone DVD players. In order to create CDs of such movies, you'll first have to convert them to either DivX-compressed or XviD-compressed .AVI files, or Windows Media files, or MPEG1-VideoCDs...

Comment

Working...