X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwall
    • Feb 2005

Pinnacle Studio Version 8 Problem

Hello All

I'm new to DV and am trying for the first time to capture video. I am using Pinnacle Studio Version 8. When I pressed ''capture'' I got this error message. It seems like I need to figure out how to increase my rate.

Can anybody help me?
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Make sure that DMA is turned on for your "C:\" hard drive...

Comment

• dwall
      • Feb 2005

sorry...i'm a newbie. i haven oclue what that means....could you help guide me through that?

Comment

• spinningwheel
        • May 2004

Try the DMA suggestion by setarip above, if that is not the problem you can goto the Pinnacle Forum located here:

Choose Pinnacle Studio 25 for its powerful and precise video editing tools that inspire limitless creative opportunities for advanced moviemaking. Learn more!

They have extensive info available for their software.

Comment

• dwall
          • Feb 2005

yeah the DMA suggestion didn't work. made it a bit faster but still can't get up to 4,000. i went to the forum and i saw the error message that i have. but they just said to fix dma, which i did

anything else?

Comment

• Marek70
            • Feb 2005

System Specs.

What is the system specs? Modern HD's should be able to hit 25-30MB/Sec easily. Even the old ATA/66 (circa 1998) could do 10MB/Sec or better. If you can't sustain a 4.5MB/sec transfer, then I would say look to your HD, IMHO. Sisoft software makes a program called Sandra that can check your HD throughput. There are other programs to do this as well. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...