Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orangedrink
    • Feb 2005

DVDs dont work in dvd player

Recently ive been having a problem with my backed up dvds. they play in my xbox but not my toshiba dvd player. im almost positive its the dvd-rs (memorex) because all the others work fine (tdk, fujifilm...) is there anything i can do to make the memorex dvd-rs work in my dvd player?
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

I am assuming you mean DVD-R when you say "dvd-rs" ?

What is the brand and model # of your Toshiba DVD player?

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"is there anything i can do to make the memorex dvd-rs work in my dvd player?"

Probably not. Unfortunately, Memorex burnable DVDs are widely described as being of very poor quality. I'd suggest you avoid the Memorex brand of burnable DVDs...

Comment

• orangedrink
        • Feb 2005

That sucks cause i just got a 50 pack. I shouldve learned my lesson when i got a 100 pack of dirtbrand "DVD-R"s off eBay. Now all i got is a whole bunch of shiny coasters

model number is sd-k741
        Last edited by orangedrink; 23 Feb 2005, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Its may not be a total lose. They might be good for backing up important data. (ie. mp3's, documents, etc.) Just not good for burning DVD's on.

Comment

• orangedrink
            • Feb 2005

thats cool i havnt tried them with regular datafiles. too bad i threw half of em away already

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

your not alone, i also have a toshiba dvd player and those memorex discs are
              ABSOLUTE CRAP. i beat mine into dust.

perhaps you have a friend who could use the discs and may want to trade?
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...