X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • submethod
    • Mar 2005

CONVERTING DVD scenes to mpegs

Hello,

I have the latest DVD shrink and was wondering how to create MPEGS out of each scene. Is there a FAQ out there?

My search has been fruitless so far.

I already know how to copy the DVDS, however , i would like to make mpegs or AVIS for personal use.

thanks
  • Experi-Mentor
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2004

welcome to the forum

this may help :

Comment

• submethod
      • Mar 2005

thanks

Hey there,

I saw that but i still do not know how to grab specific scenes in DVD shrink and then convert to mpeg.

thanks

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"but i still do not know how to grab specific scenes in DVD shrink and then convert to mpeg."

Using "Re-author" mode, use the "Start/End" feature to cut out the specific chapter segment(s) that you wish to capture. Doing this will most likely produce a single VOB file (if it is a short clip). You can use a program such as "TMPGEnc Plus" or "AVSVideoConverter" to convert to mpeg. It may be far easier in the long run to just change the name of the VOB file and give it a .mpg extension.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

If you've already ripped the DVD, or have created a decrypted burned DVD (using DVD Shrink, or similar) to your hard drive, you can use either "MPEGCutter" or "ChopperXP" to (visually) select whatever portions you'd like to save as individual MPEG-2 files...

Comment

• submethod
            • Mar 2005

Ok so i managed..........

To back up the DVD onto my hard drive.

And now i am using AVS Video COnverter to mpeg them out.

However 2 questions.

1) How can reduce the file sizes. I am telling it right now to split and its make the files for go from 1 GIG to 170mb each.

2) How can i connect all the MPgs together into one movie. Perhaps after effects or Premier?

Ideally, all i wanted to do is make one continuos MPG movie.

thanks!

sub

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

"I am telling it right now to split and its make the files for go from 1 GIG to 170mb each."

You will have to reduce the "Bitrate" , which will dramatically degrade the visual quality. I would look into using "TMPGEnc Plus" for this purpose.

Comment

Working...