Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beg
    • Feb 2002

Please help deciding Graphic Card

Hi all, I am about to assemble new computer AMD1700+, using Window XP, but I am confused which graphic card to purchase. I do mostly Photoshop and I want to get into Video Capturing. I have decided to use software rather than hardware solution for compression. would use Hauppauge WinTV Prim.Card to capture (I am open to suggestion). I would very much like to have TV out facility so that my kids could watch DVD from my computer while I am working on my computer. Would appreciate your valued suggestions.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Generally, the more you spend the more you get. WinTV is a popular choice, due largely to its cheap price. It is a good card, and is used by many people. The Geforce3 or 4 cards are good (but they cost more). You might also want to check ATI's cards. For quality, a the tv-out card should have a high resolution. Check pcworld.com, they do a lot of graphics/video card reviews and do a search on google.com

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

I would like to suggest the Matrox Marvel G450eTV.
      This card may not be the best in 3D preformance.
      But for everything else it's the top of the line.

I use mine for TV capture and divx output to TV, and I'am very impressed with the quality.

Compared to TV capture cards, it has the advantage that the captured video moves across the AGP bus, instead of the PCI bus.
      (TV capture with a winTV card gave me problems when capturing to a raid attached to the PCI bus)

Futhermore it doesn't use a fan, which means that it's also a great choise for a quiet divx-player.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• johnbmx4christ
        • Nov 2001

i was gonna get the matrox g450etv but then i found the ati radeon 8500dv which is a little bit more and it does exactly what i want and the matrox doesnt. i know that ati has driver issues though.
        john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• Silent|One
          • Mar 2002

Graphic-card

I would buy GeForce 3 TI 200 with Tv-out, it is very cheap en it is VERY good for gaming

Comment

Working...