Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alien Bay
    Always learning
    • Oct 2004

I have read just the opposite. There is a move to a use a std, but there is no collaboration. Toshiba's format is the one being considered as the standard, not Sony's.

Read the outtake below from an article on Toshiba/SONY

"SONY is clearly out to make some ground against the competition - and the stakes for the corporate giant could not be higher: Having suffered several setbacks both in declining sales and loss of market share the company looked increasingly being cornered. Add to that the DVD Forum's decision (the inter-industry consortium set up to coordinate the development of the current DVD standard) to back Toshiba/NEC's so-called "HD-DVD" as the next generation format despite the fact that its parameters offer some 20GB less capacity on a dual layer than the Blu-ray competition. SONY, developer of the Blu-ray format, decided to change tactics in the on-going battle for a unified HD format on DVD, and opted instead of playing the "chess game at the green table" to go on the offensive by announcing to go it alone, if necessary - probably in the hope it would rattle the competition a (Mega)bit."

The whole article can be found here.http://www.dvdscan.com/blueray.htm
    APOD

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

to setarip

kindly, they look very similar and i think you are confusing the two

if you wish check here:

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...