Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian2b
    • Apr 2005

Looking for help NTSC to PAL

Hi, Have recently done some recording using a KODAK CX 7530 digital camera and recorded it in the NTSC setting witch i now know is wrong for the United Kingdom systems including my PC. I have downloaded the film to my PC but windows media player and quick time player are unable to play the video, all i can get is the sound. Is there any program i can download which will let me play this format ntsc and maybe convert it to pal and then save it to CD or DVD. If there is anyone out there with any ideas please let me know, im not that hot on the PC so am looking for some simple way round this. Many Thanks Ian. emails ian2b@hotmail.com or ian2b@btinternet.com
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Hello and welcome to the forums. What video format does your "KODAK CX 7530" digital camera natively record in?

Comment

• ian2b
      • Apr 2005

Hi, The camera has two settings, you can set it to record in NTSC or PAL, i have been told now "to late" that this is so if it is sold in the usa you can set it to NTSC and if sold and used in the UK you can use PAL which is what i should have set it on so it would be compatable with my VCR and DVD player. I never new this so have recorded my video in NTSC (usa format) and now unable to play it as VCR only accepts PAL recorded stuff. HELP.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'm fairly certain that regarding format, "ormonde" was asking whether the video was recorded as .AVI or MPEG...

Comment

• ian2b
          • Apr 2005

Sorry, as i said earlier not my strong point all this tech stuff - still learning.
          Right the box says VGA (640 x 480) continuous MPEG4 video with audio

And the Video out is (NTSC/PAL)

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Try downloading and installing the "FFDShow filter"...

Comment

• ian2b
              • Apr 2005

Sorry to be a pain but do you have any idea where i can download the FFDSHOW Filter from. Also it was suggested that there was a DIVX product that might help, dont know if you have any knowledge of this product at all.

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"do you have any idea where i can download the FFDSHOW Filter from"

Download ffdshow for free. ffdshow is DirectShow and VFW codec for decoding/encoding many video and audio formats, including DivX and XviD movies using libavcodec, xvid and other opensourced libraries with a rich set of postprocessing filters.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"Also it was suggested that there was a DIVX product that might help, dont know if you have any knowledge of this product at all."

Once you've installed the FFDShow filter, you should have no need for a "DivX product" for playback...

Comment

• ian2b
                    • Apr 2005

Hi Guys,
                    Went to the link above and tried to download the software but my security settings refuse to save it as there is no digital signiture to prove it is safe and has not been tampered with. I cannot bring myself to save this as i have been bitten before and now act on the side of caution. Any other suggestions ?

Comment

• ormonde
                      Digital Video Explorer
                      • Dec 2003

" I cannot bring myself to save this as i have been bitten before and now act on the side of caution."

You'll just have to trust me when I tell you that the link I provided is a "Legitimate" site.

Comment

• blutach
                        Not a god of digital video
                        • Oct 2004

And even if ormonde was mistaken - which he is definitely not - you could do a system restore to fix things up.

Regards
                        Last edited by blutach; 19 Apr 2005, 10:01 AM.
                        Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                        [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

To ian2b

To allay your valid concerns, I'd ask you the following:

1) Do you feel "secure" posting at these forums, which are part of Digital Digest?

2) If so, find your connection for downloading FFDShow filter through the DivX Digest (another part of Digital Digest) at:

An open source filter for playing back MP4, H.264, DivX and XviD video files

Comment

• ian2b
                            • Apr 2005

Hi,
                            Have downloaded the software version 20020617.exe and it works, i can now play my video clips through windows media player but the only downside is i cant get any audio when playing the clips and have found that the only way to here the audio is on the Quick Time Player where i only get audio and no pictures but at least i can see the videos now so that is something. I must say a HUGE Thank You to everyone thats given advise because without this i would have been totally lost.
                            Many Thanks Ian.

Comment

• setarip
                              Retired
                              • Dec 2001

"i can now play my video clips through windows media player but the only downside is i cant get any audio when playing the clips"

This is probably the result of using an Apple-only audio format. If you have QuickTime Pro, you should be able to change the audiostream to a cross-platform format that will playback under Windows Media Player...

"I must say a HUGE Thank You to everyone thats given advise because without this i would have been totally lost."

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...