Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarKnyt
    • Oct 2004

DVD Thumbnails

I'm looking for some quick and easy way to find and organized just the thumbnails of DVD box covers for my collection.

Ideally, I want to print out pages with smaller thumbnails of DVD box covers to use as a nice visual for people to pick a movie to watch out of.

I don't really want or need a bunch of other info with it - just want a sheet with nice rows of DVD cover thumbnails.

Any ideas? Thanks!
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

There's a few sites if you Google "DVD covers" but the first two I looked at want you to load add-ins.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• fred69lyon
      • Apr 2005

"I want to print out pages with smaller thumbnails of DVD box covers"
      Have you the jpg files of your DVD covers ?
      if not, there is a very good site : www.cdcovers.cc where you can find everything you are looking for in all languages it is possible to imagine...
      Regards

Comment

• DarKnyt
        • Oct 2004

cdcovers.cc is one option but it will take FOREVER to do with hundreds of DVD's.

I actually found something that will fit the bill okay. It's called DVD Profiler and it allows you to make a collection of DVD's and then print out info on all of them.

You can run reports with all the DVD info for each title or just a box shot to fit 30 or so on a page - or any combination in-between.

The only thing that sucks is the quality of the box art if you go larger than a thumbnail - their way of getting you to pay for the pro version.

Comment

• fred69lyon
          • Apr 2005

OK for DVD Profiler. I don't know it but it seems to be what you needs.
          But for the thumbnails how do you do to get them ?

Comment

• DarKnyt
            • Oct 2004

when you grab the dvd info it auto grabs box art in low res format.

Fine for just using it if you're doing 20 dvd's a page, but sucky if you try to go larger than about 200*300.

Comment

Working...